Modded controllers enable hardcore and passionate gamers to have reasonable leeway while playing their favorite video games. With a premium modded controller, you can set your gaming rules, reload a game faster, play longer, and shoot at lightning speed. The best-modded controllers come in quite handy for boosting your gaming experience, letting you stay ahead of the competition.
It was the Rapid Fire –one of the earliest rapid-fire controllers designed especially for first-person shooter games- that paved the way for the development of modded controllers. In this review article, we explore the top 10 modded controllers for PS4. On the other hand, we have outlined a detailed buying guide to make it easier for you to choose the right product.
Buying Guide For the Best PS4 Modded Controller in 2021
Choosing the right modded controller that correctly serves your gaming needs and preferences is easier said than done. You’ll need to conduct in-depth research and check out a wide range of products before making up your mind. After all, the idea behind opting for a mod control is to achieve a competitive advantage over your rivals, and also boost up your overall gaming experience.
Since every next product you come across claims that it is better than the rest, you’ll need to take specific aspects into considerations for reviewing the products.
Paddle Control System
The earliest and initial versions of rapid-fire and game controllers were relatively simple, allowing gamers to manipulate a limited number of functions. However, the addition of paddles (installed at the controller’s back) exclusively for ‘Xbox One’ and ‘PS4’ made the game controllers more sophisticated. Paddles, positioned on the backside of the controller, make it easier for the gamer to remap the button layout as per his convenience.
A maximum of six paddles can be added to a modded controller, but most gamers believe that 2-4 paddles are more than adequate.
The most popular modded controller brands available in the market usually come installed with light indicators. Of all the vital cogs that add to the versatility of a modded controller, light signs tend to be one. You’ll typically find the light indicators embedded into the modded controller’s faceplate.
These light indicators keep you updated on the all the activated mods, and they’ll also help you quickly pilot the different functionalities. If you have never used a mod control before, then you should buy a product that features built-in light indicators. Or better still, if you go for a modded controller having LED light indicators reinforced with haptic feedback functionality.
This advanced feature makes the controller vibrate when you disable or enable a mod function, thereby allowing you to focus on the game. If and when you’re completely immersed in the game, you may fail to notice the blinking of the indicator lights. And this is precisely where the tactile response mechanism comes into play, keeping you posted about mod shifting through vibrations.
Integrating modifications entails opening a standardized game controller like the Sony’s ‘Dual Shock 4 Controller’ for fitting a modchip. Besides the modchip, several other components are often installed as well. It is the fixing of the modchip that makes the standard controller modded.
More often, the company or firm carrying out the modifications replaces the OEM casing with a custom-built one bearing the brand logo. It is the quality of the modchip installed inside the input device that adds to the efficiency of the controller.
Product Reviews For the 10 Best PS4 Modded Controller
If you want to gain a competitive advantage over rival gamers and boost your chances of success, go for the PS4 Pro Blue Fire Face Custom Un-Modded Controller. This un-modded custom controller from ModdedZone ensures excellent gaming customization by facilitating remapping layout button functionality and offering several access points on the paddle. Though you’ll come across a wide range of paddle textures and types, this customized ModdedZone features an ergonomic paddle system. Since this input device is un-modded, you can rest assured that this is a genuine and brand new Sony controller.
ModdedZone has simply taken out the front shell and replaced the same with a custom-built casing. You can bet this un-modded controller will deliver when it comes to playing a variety of FPS and MPS games. This controller is guaranteed to stand up to an array of competitive and fast-paced racing, fighter, and shooter games.
Avid gamers will also warm up to the design aesthetics typified by stunning crystal finishes and custom-blended coats.
- Cent percent bona fide brand new Sony game controllers
- Un-modded custom-built controller
- Package includes one made to order game controller with an instruction booklet
- Original un-modded Sony game controller
- Offers good leverage for remapping paddle layout
- Furnishes excellent competitive edge
- Ergonomic and lightweight design
- Durable and resilient
- Many users have complained that the device does not hold a charge
- Some buttons are very stiff
- Thumbsticks do not glow
If you wish to excel in playing first-person-shooters (FPS) like ‘Apex Legends,’ ‘Metro Exodus,’ and ‘Overwatch,’ then you need not look any further. The Mega Modz Scary Party PS4 Modded Controller features numerous built-in mods including but not limited to Dropshot, Auto Spot, Jump Shot, and Akimbo. This modded controller comes equipped with two easily accessible and programmable back buttons for personalizing button layout.
The controller also comes with pre-configured mods that go along in providing the player with exceptional control over gameplay. Besides the programmable back buttons, this Mega Modz controller also has an integrated operational mod switch for fine-tuning settings effortlessly. The switch is reinforced with 3D tactile feedback technology offering you instantaneous vibration response while disabling or enabling specific features.
A heavy-duty modchip that was thoroughly revamped in 2020 is installed inside the controller, making for an immersive gaming experience. The programming mode aids in tweaking custom shots for every second of shooting mode, and unit delays for non-shooting alternatives. The bespoke LED indicator includes 4 LEDs keeping the gamer informed about enabled mod options and pre-configured sub-modes and also helps switch between programming custom values and sub-modes.
- Integrated with PS4 haptic technology
- Two completely programmable back buttons for better layout remapping
- Intuitive mod switch
- Four built-in LED indicators
- Comes with several mods and sub-mods like an auto sprint, auto heal, rapid-fire, and fast reloads
- Two additional reprogrammable back buttons for reprogramming stock buttons’ functions
- Extra mod switch button for turning on/off features
- Compatible with both COD and popular FPS titles
- Not as customizable as a macro controller
- Built quality is not good enough
The Vantage 2 PS4 Customizable Controller from Scuf comes with a host of versatile custom-built features, letting you take gameplay to the next level. For instance, this controller has two detachable side-action buttons and four transposable rear paddles that facilitate a more excellent range of and faster multitasking. The SAX buttons and the four interchangeable paddles can be configured to perform fifteen controller tasks, including but not limited to Triangle, Squarer, O, and X.
The ergonomically designed layout allows you to take advantage of the controller’s functions and thumbsticks using involuntary hand movements that minimize fatigue. The non-slip surface of the controller makes for a better grip, and the painstakingly designed controller works with different hand sizes and playing styles. The two long bulbous thumbsticks help in improving precision while the two short curved-in thumbsticks.
You can detach the Scuf Vantage 2’s vibrating components to make the controller more lightweight, which in turn gives you better control. On the other hand, removing the vibration modules minimizes stress, especially when you play extended sessions. You can also take out the magnetic faceplate when you want to replace transposable components, including SAX buttons, paddles, and triggers.
- Proprietary paddle profile for customizable gaming
- Features sixty exchangeable components and detachable faceplate
- Non-slip textured surface for firm yet comfortable grip
- Trigger control mode offers a variety of playing options
- Across-the-board compatibility and customization
- Solid grip without compromising comfortableness
- Removable vibratory modules for gaming with enhanced precision
- Companionable with variety of hand sizes, thanks to transposable thumbsticks
- Does not have indicator lights that could help the beginner
- The whining of the vibration models could be disturbing
- Many users may find the size a tad too hefty
The Strike Pack controller adapter is the best means of supplementing two extra paddles to any standardized PS4 controller without invalidating product warranty. You also do not have to resort to effecting any permanent change for making the most of this controller. At the same time, you do not have to opt for any expensive replacements or purchase costly custom-built controllers.
You can remap any controller knob to either of the two paddles without having to connect to a PC or downloading an app. Remapping can be done in real-time, which frees up your thumbs for controlling the thumbsticks, eventually bettering your reaction time. The Collective Minds FPS Dominator has been designed with scrupulous care enabling it to comply with standard PS4 controllers.
This compatibility offers you ready access to the paddles installed on the back of the controller and also facilitates a solid grip. You can make the most of the eight built-in mods such as Turbo 2.0, Quick Scope, Rapid Fire, and Drop Shot. You can detach the magnetic paddles and replace them with the paddles that you find more convenient to handle.
- 3.5mm receiver audio works with this modded controller
- Eight integrated game mods including autorun and auto spot
- Wired connectivity free of latency
- All the buttons can be remapped with any of the two paddles
- Standalone modded controller for instant remapping
- Highly receptive switches and ergonomic design
- Remappable and removable paddles
- Multiple mods for lag-free gameplay
- Easy to use even for beginners
- You need to keep it plugged in constantly
- May not accommodate small hand sizes
- The charging cable is somewhat fragile
The Controllers Blue Pro Mod from BlackZone comes equipped with all the essential mod control features making it perfectly compatible with PS4. The BlackZone Blue Prod Mod Controller is integrated with all the mod functionalities enabling gamers to have an immersive experience while playing FPS games. This modded controller offers customized RapidFire mod whose speed can be adjusted at seven distinct levels, thereby facilitating integration with Sniper Burst, Akimbo, Auto Aim, and several other mods.
You can personalize this BlackZone modded controller by adjusting it with up to sixty exclusive speed/mode permutations. With this modded controller by BlackZone, you can rest assured that you’ll be able to take your gaming experience to the next level. The Soft Touch Blue Pro Mod appears almost identical to the OEM controller, bereft of obtruding LEDs or projecting knobs.
Two entrenched super cool blue LEDs keep you fully updated on your gameplay while you’re taking advantage of the mods. The controller menu arrangement is very straightforward that allows gamers to enter and exit modes with remarkable ease. Additionally, the innovative setup makes it supremely simple for players to exploit multiple game mods simultaneously during gameplay without lag.
The BlackZone Soft Touch Blue Pro Mod feels ultra-comfortable to touch while the basic menu setup facilitates simple to use.
- Robust built and extremely compact
- Breathtaking chrome button kit
- BlackZone Z-800 compatible for attuning with 60 different speed/mode combinations
- Simple and straightforward menu arrangement
- Aluminum thumbsticks for better control
- Customized Pro Mode Rapid Fire controls for Sniper Burst, Quick Scope, Drop Shot, and Auto-Aim
- Companionable with sixty distinct gameplay speeds/modes
- Soft Touch mod buttons boost receptivity and feel ultra-comfortable
- Inventive menu setup for quickly programming several mods simultaneously
- Looks exactly like a stock modded controller
- Some gamers had problems with setting up the Auto-Aim mode
- Does not come with an inbuilt Aimbot mode for online gaming
If you want to gain a competitive edge over your adversaries while playing FPS games, then you don’t need to look any further. With this Bloody Hands PS4 Rapid Fire Custom Modded Controller, you’ll be able to confront your opponents with confidence and get the better of them. This controller from ModdedZone is reinforced with a heavyweight modchip that always lets you stay ahead of the competition.
ModdedZone has gone the extra mile by subjecting this controller to stringent quality control checks and has been modded professionally. The developer guarantees to offer top-quality products to customers as the manufacturer fine-tunes only brand new sealed controllers. The company has the best interests of the gamers in mind while it inserts the modded chip inside the controllers.
That the gamer can effortlessly switch on/off rapid-fire mod bears out the versatility of this Bloody Hands modded controller. On the other hand, players can easily switch from one rapid-fire mode to another during the game. These ModdedZone Rapid Fire Custom Modded Controllers are thoroughly companionable with the state-of-the-art FPS titles, including Battlefield 1, Infinite Warfare, and Black Ops 3.
You can bet this modded controller will always stay compatible with upcoming FPS titles, thanks to its upgradable rapid-fire technology.
- Customized around original Sony PS4 Modded Controller
- Personalized PS4 controller typified by crystal finishes and custom blended paints
- Does not contravene PS network copyright specifications
- Comes with a one-year limited warranty on the modchip
- Offers ten fully adjustable rapid-fire modes
- Compatible with four drop shot modes, four jump shot modes, and fully adjustable burst fire mode
- Companionable with other advanced mods like autorun, auto spot, auto-aim, and so on
- An exclusive modchip inside original PS4 mod controller
- Many games have complained that mod buttons remained active even after they were turned off
- Quick scope and jump shot mods prone to turning on randomly
- Quite expensive
The Evil Controllers Esports Pro Controller Evil Shift is one of the best-modded controllers extremely popular with hardcore gamers. This modded controller from Evil Controllers comes loaded with the latest mod control functionalities, allowing players to play with higher intensity. The mod controller features a groundbreaking paddle profile that facilitates hands of different sizes to play longer, faster, and efficiently perform intricate tactics.
The ergonomically designed Evil thumbsticks and the innovatory paddle design ensure perfect eye-hand coordination. The revolutionary design of the paddle system helps improve response time, thanks to the paddles being mounted directly atop the activator buttons. Mod remapping makes the process of naturalized real-time reformatting of the buttons to pair with any face button straightforward.
Evil Controllers assures gamers of the fastest rapid-fire action that is currently possible with the available gaming technology. This Evil Shift modded controller for PS4 is packed to the hilt with a host of practical features and functionalities. For a start, gamers will love to tap the ‘Master Mod’ –a user-friendly feature that opens up a world of excellent gameplay opportunities.
At the same time, players will be able to make the most of numerous other mod functions like Auto Burst, Quick Aim, Jitter, Jump Shot, and Active Reload. The controller has an extraordinary aesthetic appeal that is simply unmistakable, and its custom-built carapace changes color like a chameleon.
- Compatible both with wired and wireless modes
- Fully adjustable paddle system for remapping on the fly
- Textured and smooth rubber paddles
- Ergonomic design
- Customized outer shell changes colors with the change in light reflection
- Equipped with multiple mod control functions and features
- Striking and ergonomic design
- Small button to restart the controller for restoring the original settings
- The manufacturer offers a limited three-year warranty on the device
- Not as durable and resilient as claimed by the producer
- Not as compatible as a macro modded controller
8. Evil Pro PS4 Controller
The Evil PS4 PRO Rapid Fire Custom Modded Controller is another versatile mod control device from ModdedZone. This ModdedZone modded controller comes with 40 different mod functions that enable enthusiastic gamers to immerse themselves in all key FPS games. This PS4 PRO Rapid Fire Custom Modded Controller has been designed especially for making sufficient headway in first-person shooter games.
The gamer has it easy to make good use of all the mod buttons as they’re very receptive and responsive. The excellent receptiveness of the buttons implies that players don’t have to press the knobs very hard or too long for gameplay. With this mod controller, the gamer can organize gameplay that suits his or her playing style.
The controller lets you take advantage of 7 different speed and 60 different mode combinations that eventually boosts your chances of winning. That’s quite a high figure for a PS4 controller, so many might think it is pretty hard to make any adjustment. However, the truth is the opposite, thanks to the user-friendly and straightforward interface of this joystick.
It enables even the most basic users to implement appropriate adjustments. They will allow you to play any game in a proper mode and at a decent speed. The gaming experience is usually much better when you have an opportunity to adjust your controller.
- A high-quality modchip inside original Sony PS4 modded controller
- Custom-built modded controllers available in a range of colors with stunning design, crystal finishes, and mixed paints
- Modchip does not infringe with OEM modded controller patent
- Comes integrated with PS4 Master mods including rapid-fire, burst fire, jump shot, and auto-aim
- Controller well-matched with the most up-to-date FPS titles
- Specialized rapid-fire technology keeps the device synced with forthcoming games
- Instant turning on and switching off of the rapid-fire mod
- Rapid changing of rapid-fire modes during gameplay
- One year limited warranty on the modchip
- Some of the mo buttons are not quite flexible
- The controller has to be charged more often adversely affecting gameplay
Do you want to boost the stakes and turn the tables on your challengers and adversaries while playing FPS titles? Then you do not need to look beyond the Zombie PS4 Pro Rapid Fire Custom Modded Controller. This modded controller from ModdedZone features a total of 40 mod functionalities that let you stay ahead of other contenders.
This Zombie PS4 Pro Rapid Fire customized controller comes in readily handy for enjoying the newest FPS available out there. This ModdedZone controller lets gamers immerse themselves in FPS titles such as Medal of Honor, Battlefield 1, Infinite Warfare, Black OPS III, COD Ghosts, Destiny, and COD Advanced Warfare. It is the exclusive and unique rapid-fire mod chip embedded inside the controller that plays a crucial role in handing you a clear advantage over your competitors.
ModdedZone has exclusively used original Sony PS4 modded controllers for installing the in-house designed modchips. So you do not need to worry about the effectiveness of this bespoke controller.
- Customized 100% original Sony PS4 modded controller with gameplay instructions
- Companionable with PS4 Master mods like rapid-fire, tactical drop shot, auto spot, and much more
- Available in a wide range of designs
- Unnoticeable or imperceptible on PS network
- Every controller features stunning design, crystal finishes, and blended paints
- Modchip comes with one year warranty
- Does not breach exclusive rights of PlayStation network
- Incorporated with a total of 40 mods for all advanced FPS games
- Gamers have reported that the device did not perform as per expectations
- Does not include an instruction manual
- Somewhat overpriced
If you want to stand out while playing first-person-shooters (FPS) like Medal of Honor, COD Ghosts, or Destiny, then the Soft Touch Orange custom modded controller is your best bet. This PS4 Rapid Fire Custom Modded Controller features numerous built-in mods including but not limited to Akimbo, Jump Shot, Auto Run, and Auto Aim.
The ergonomically designed layout allows you to take advantage of the controller’s functions and thumbsticks using involuntary hand movements that minimize fatigue. The non-slip surface of the controller makes for a better grip, and the painstakingly designed controller works with different hand sizes and playing styles. The two responsive thumbsticks help in improving precision while the textured profile with a non-slip surface contributes towards boosted performance.
- Modchip entrenched in original Sony PS4 modded controller
- Available in spectacular designs where every unit has a soft-touch finish
- Includes numerous Master mods
- Non-textured surface for more comfort
- Can be made compatible with new games as and when they launch
- The ergonomic layout and programmable mod buttons for smooth remapping
- SAX buttons and paddles for mapping to multiple controller functions
- One year warranty offered on the modchip
- The mod buttons are a tad flimsy
- May suddenly stop functioning while in the auto-fire mode
- Overpriced considering the features
So there you have it the ten best PS4 Modded Controllers that can go a long way in boosting your gameplay and upping the ante against your opponents. Every modded controller reviewed in this article has been specially customized to suit individual gaming styles. All the ten modded controlled assessed above not only comes with user-friendly buttons but also features a textured non-slip surface.
The ModdedZone controller models make good buys, but they are somewhat overpriced, considering that the producer has only embedded a modchip. Of course, you can take your pick from other brands like Evil Controllers and Collective Minds.